Incommunities: Coronavirus Update – 24th March 2020
We all need to work to minimise the spread of Covid-19 to ourselves and our communities.
As the situation continues to develop, we want to let you know about the changes and measures we have put in place to keep our customers and staff safe and how we are continuing to deliver our most vital services during this challenging time.
Day to Day Services
- We have moved to an emergency only repairs service - click here to see what we are providing
- We maintain our daily cleaning of all touch points in our blocks and sheltered schemes.
- We are continuing with some estates services , including removal of rubbish in refuse areas in high rise blocks and the removal of bulk rubbish in communal corridors and stairwells.
- We will only carry out the most essential of duties and we will risk assess each interaction.
- Services NOT being provided during this period include all non urgent repairs, void repairs and all planned maintenance.
- In necessary situations, our staff are provided with PPE (personal protective equipment) to minimise the risk of infection to both customers and staff.
- You might be asked some questions before we enter your property and, following government advice on ‘social distancing,’ we will work a safe distance away from you when we visit your home.
- We are minimising face to face and physical contact with our customers where possible and communicating via telephone or digitally ( email, SMS, Webchat etc ).
- We have closed the office at The Quays, Shipley, to the public for the safety of both customers and staff.
- We have moved staff, where possible, to work from home and prioritised our resources into essential front line services.
- We have reduced access to our Retirement Living schemes, are continuing with welfare checks on our residents, and have increased the frequency of cleaning, particularly touch points and surfaces.
- We have ceased communal events and asked residents and their families to cease non-essential visits.
- We have postponed all neighbourhood walkabouts with immediate effect.
- We have suspended any planned maintenance and investment works, other than that of a critical health and safety nature.
- We continue to provide essential gas servicing and compliance services to keep our customers safe.
- We will provide minor adaptations works where they are specifically required to enable a patient to be discharged from hospital and safe to do so.
- We will look at the circumstances around each of our proposed sign-ups. If not fulfilling the sign-ups causes significant hardship or potential homelessness we will seek to complete the sign-up as planned.
- We continue to process and pay the invoices of our partners in a timely manner to reduce the prospect of any financial hardship.
- We will be calling all customers over 70 years of age and people with vulnerabilities to have discussions about their welfare. This includes those living within properties monitored by the Trustcare alarm service.
- We have bought food from our wholesale suppliers and are making up emergency food parcels for those who are in need. This complements the work we carry out in partnership with the Bradford Metropolitan Foodbank.
- We will continue to provide our Intensive Housing Management service to vulnerable customers.
- We work collaboratively with Council led planning groups in regard to overall planning, sheltered housing provisions, Trustcare ( falls response ) and wider community support.
Coronavirus and Benefits
- We continue to work with support services and agencies across the district to help you access financial help and advice. Our Income Team are here to help you on: 01274 254777.
- It is important you continue to make rent payments. Please contact us if you are facing difficulties doing so. Visit our Coronavirus - paying your rent - frequently asked questions help page here.
- The government has introduced new measures to protect the energy supply of those most in need during the Coronavirus outbreak. If you’re struggling with your energy payments, please get in touch with your supplier.
If you have any further questions you can contact us by:
Telephone: 01274 257777
Telephone: 01484 435715