Incommunities Group believes that all people have the right to live their lives free from abuse. Abuse is the violation of an individual’s human rights. It can be a single act or repeated acts. It can be physical, sexual, emotional, financial or discriminatory. It also includes acts of neglect or an omission to act.
- Give highest priority to their safety and welfare
- Recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- Respond appropriately to disclosure by a child, or young person, of abuse
- Respond appropriately to allegations against staff, other adults and against themselves
- Understand and implement safe practice in carrying out their duties in inspection
- Be alert to the risks which abusers, or potential abusers, may pose and vigorously pursue concerns to ensure that providers are able to demonstrate a similar level of commitment
- Be aware of the importance of the role of inspected services in promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people
- Contribute, as necessary, to all stages of Ofsted’s safeguarding and protection processes.